Gianoi is a brand of vision: rooted within a rich Italian heritage, our inspiration flows from Janus, the ancient Roman God of Transitions.
In legend Janus is represented with two faces, one looking backwards, one forwards, presiding over the past and future.
Gianoi embodies this duality and fuses a timeless aesthetic with a modern vision.
Each hand-crafted Gianoi bag is controlled via our App. The Gianoi bag keeps your smartphone charged while you are on the move and notifies you of calls, messages and social updates via the discreetly pulsating light on the Gianoi logo.
Each bag comes with a sleek wireless charging plate that charges your bag overnight.
You can learn more about our Bags functionality here
GIANOI bags can be sold with or without technology. Bags with embedded technology are currently sold only on our website and at Harvey Nichols.
Drawing on Italy’s tradition of producing the finest quality leathers, Gianoi’s artisans use time honoured techniques to paint, stitch and shape every Gianoi handbag by hand.
Gianoi only works with the best artisans and manufacturers in Italy maintaining the Italian heritage of craftsmanship. The innovative technology inside the handbags is manufactured in the UK.
Our wireless chargers are topped and finished with premium Italian leathers. The technology is developed in China.
LEATHER ACCESSORIES & PRODUCT CARE
All our leather accessories are Made in Italy. We work with a workshops and craftsman specialised in making luxury leather goods for over 20 years.
We use different type of leather like calf, goat and real snakeskin. All our leathers come from Italian tanneries and we only select the most premium skins for our products.
Leather is a living and natural material. A well-treated leather can become even more beautiful and unique over time.
Prolonged exposure to a strong light source (sun or artificial light) may alter the color of the leather over time. That's we advise you to put your product in its dustbag when you are not using it.
For better results, we also recommend that you stuff your accessories with paper so that it keeps its original shape. Close zips and avoid damp areas.
We strongly recommend to avoid using your product in rainy weather. Leather is a living and natural material. Therefore, it is best to avoid extreme heat, humidity or rain. In the case of use in the rain, it is common that small bubbles appear on the leather. Those will fade naturally over time
WIRELESS CHARGER PRODUCTS & CARE
Wireless charging, also known as inductive charging, is a way to charge your smartphone, accessory or other compatible device by placing it on a wireless charging device. It eliminates the need for charging cables.
Wireless charging does not present any particular risk. Our WIRELESS CHARGER has been tested by an independent laboratory and has been CE, FCC, and Qi certified.
- Use the provided USB cable to power your charger.
- Make sure to always use a 2 Amp charger plug or power source for best charging performances.
- Make sure to always align your device in the center of the charger. Improper alignment might impact wireless charging connection.
- blue light indicates the charger is on & in stand-by-mode.
- green light indicates your device is charging correctly.
- flashing blue light can indicate 2 things:
1) the phone is not aligned on the charger or the charger has detected a foreign object. Your phone will stop charging.
2) you are using a low output charger plug. Your phone is still charging but slowly and under suggested voltage.
Wired charging is still faster than wireless charging.
There should be a notification or indicator on your device to let you know it's charging. If a notification doesn't pop up, check the battery symbol at the top of the device's screen to see if it indicates that it's charging. In addition, the WIRELESS CHARGER has an LED light on the front that will switch from blue to green when your device is charging.
That depends on the design of the case. Our WIRELESS CHARGER is compatible with most of cases. As long as its back panel is no thicker than 2mm, wireless charging should work fine. However, if the back panel is thicker, or if the case contains a battery or other metal, it may prevent the phone from wirelessly charging.
No, our WIRELESS CHARGER includes a USB to Micro USB Cable. You will need to plug our WIRELESS CHARGER into a USB power source. We highly recommend to use minimum a 2 Amps power source for best performances. Fast charging requires a QC 3.0 Charger Plug.
For the iPhone 8 and newer models our WIRELESS CHARGER will charge your phone up to 7.5 Watts. For all non-Apple Qi compatible devices, our WIRELESS CHARGER can charge your device up to 10 Watts if you are using a fast charge QC 3.0 Charger Plug.
Unfortunately not. Our WIRELESS CHARGER does not support Apple Watch charging.
No need for concern. It’s normal for your phone to get slightly warm when charging wirelessly. Our WIRELESS CHARGER has passed strict safety tests. When using a regular plug-in charger, you’ll notice that the charger warms up a little. It’s the same with wireless charging.
Compatible devices include, but are not limited to:
Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, Airpods 2 with wireless charging case & Airpods Pro. All other Qi-compatible devices - please consult your device manual or contact the manufacturer if you are unsure if your device is compatible with Qi Wireless Charging Standard.
Please read this instructions before using the device to ensure safe and proper use:
- use only indoors and in a dry location only; keep away from wet, damp locations and from any liquids. - unplug the device when unused for long periods. - do not store your device in very hot or cold areas. - do not place magnetic strip or chip card (id card, bank cards, etc) on the device to avoid magnetic failure. - do not place any metal objetcs on the device. - do not allow children to handle the device. if the deviceis used by a minor, the purchasing adult agrees to take all responsabilities for misuse and damages caused. - if you use an implanted medical device, please consult your physician before using the wireless charger. - caution: if you are experiencing problems with the wireless charger, please discontinue use, unplug it from the wall adapter and contact GIANOI for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org
HANDBAG CHARGING FEATURES
It is simple and easy to charge your bag. You can watch our videos here to learn how.
First, connect your wireless charger with the long USB cable to the wall plug adapter. You will see a small red light flashing on the glossy black surface of the wireless charger for approximately 1 second, this means your wireless charger is ready.
Now, simply place the bag on top of the wireless charger and ensure the magnets are aligned. The magnets will gently guide the wireless charger in the right position. Your Bag will now start charging and the logo will light up to indicate the battery level.
Please note that on large bags (Shopper, Large Nadia, Medium Nadia, etc.) the wireless charger magnets connect to the bottom of the bag. On small bags (Small Nadia, Boxy, Clutch, etc.) the wireless charger magnets connect at the back of the bag, on the opposite side of the Gianoi logo.
You can watch our videos here to learn how. To check the bag battery level, you can either open the Gianoi App and view the battery symbol on the settings page or tap firmly three times on the bag logo. The logo will light up to indicate the battery level.
The battery level is shown with three different colours: red, yellow and green. While the bag charges it will transition through the colours. When the bag is fully charged the light will turn off.
Simply select the appropriate USB cable for your phone and connect it to the USB plug hidden in the internal pocket of your bag. You can then connect the other end to your phone and let it charge up while you get on with your day.
The bag can charge any device that can normally be plugged in a USB socket for charging. This includes iPhones and iPads, most Android phones, tablets and Blackberry phones. The bag can also charge other devices such as digital cameras, portable speakers, MP3 players and similar devices that can normally be charged with a standard USB cable.
Please be aware that the bag cannot charge laptop computers.
If you are unsure about the compatibility of your device kindly send us an email at email@example.com and we will be glad to check for you.
Each bag battery has the capacity to fully charge your phone up to two times (the bag contains a 4500 mAh battery). This may vary slightly depending on the phone model you use.
It takes 6 to 8 hours to fully charge your bag.
Please always use the original wall plug adapter and cable supplied with your bag. Not all wall plug adapters or cables can support the power requirement of the Gianoi bags. Using a different wall plug adapter or cable may cause your bag to charge slowly, not charge at all or damage your bag battery.
Each bag is fitted with a hidden battery. Depending on the shape and size of the Gianoi bag the battery is located in different places.
On large bags (Shopper, Large Nadia, Medium Nadia, etc.) the battery is built at the bottom of the bag. On small bags (Small Nadia, Boxy, Clutch, etc.) the battery is built in the back panel of the bag, on the opposite side of the Gianoi logo.
If you guide the wireless charger with your hand on the bottom or back of your bag (depending on your model), you will feel the magnets gently guide the wireless charger in the right position.
HANDBAG APP FEATURES
The App and notification functionality are currently compatible with iPhone 5 or newer running iOS 9 or higher. Android support is coming soon.
The Gianoi App is available for free at the Apple App Store. Kindly note the App only works when connected to a Gianoi bag.
You can watch our videos here to learn how to set up your Gianoi bag.
The Gianoi bag supports all of the leading Apps notifications and standard notifications including Calls, Missed Calls, Messages, WhatsApp, Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Twitter, Email, Calendar, Skype and WeChat.
We are always adding more Apps notification support. If there is an App you would like added, please send us your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
No, the bag will only indicate the battery level while on the charger.
Your bag communicates via Bluetooth. Always make sure to have Bluetooth switched on in your phone.
You can watch our setup videos here Simply open the Gianoi App and select notifications.
Choose the colour assigned to each notification by scrolling through the colour wheel and then tap on the colour of your choice. The bag logo will confirm your selection by lighting up in the colour chosen. Now every time you receive that notification your bag logo will light up in that colour.
Open the Gianoi App, select notifications and then scroll through the colour wheel until you see the black ‘’OFF’’ option. Tap to select and now that notification is turned off.
The notification light on your bag stays on for 5 minutes from the last notification received.
When you take your phone and check any notifications the light on the bag will switch off automatically. This happens because you now have checked your phone therefore the bag stops alerting you via the light.
You can check notifications on your phone in two ways: by opening the App from which you received the notification (for example by opening WhatsApp and reading a WhatsApp message). This will switch off the light on your bag automatically.
Alternatively, you can check notifications by swiping down from the top of the screen on your iPhone, this will open your iPhone notification centre: when you dismiss a notification from here the light on your bag will switch off. In this case however the notification in the App that notified you will remain unread (for example this means you can switch off the light on the bag without reading the WhatsApp message).
If you don’t want to receive any notifications you can switch the bag light off completely from the Gianoi App settings page.
Please note the bag will still show the battery charge level when you tap the logo 3 times, and you will still be able to charge your phone.
Open the Gianoi App, from the settings screen select one of the three light level options. When you select an option the bag logo will light up to show the brightness chosen.
The light demo is a slowly pulsating light sequence that shows all the colours available on the bag logo light. The light demo remains on also when the bag is placed on the charger.
If the logo does not light up when you place the bag on the charger it could be for these reasons:
1. The battery is completely full. When the battery is full the logo switches off to conserve battery power. Please remove the bag from the wireless charger and tap the logo firmly 3 times. The logo should light up in green. Your bag is charged and ready to go.
2. The battery is completely empty. Please leave the bag on the charger for 5 minutes and the logo should light up in red indicating it is charging. If it does not light up kindly check the steps below.
3. The magnets in the charger are not aligned with the magnets in the bag. Take the charger with your hands and let the magnets gently guide it into position. Then place the bag on a flat surface with the charger underneath it, so that the weight of the bag is on the charger. Press the bag gently against the charger to make sure it is close enough to the hidden battery inside the bag.
4. The wireless charger is not connected to the wall plug adapter. Try to disconnect and reconnect your wireless charger to the wall plug adapter with the long USB cable. You will see a small red light flashing on the glossy black surface of the wireless charger for approximately 1 second, this means your wireless charger is ready to charge your bag.
5. The wall plug adapter or the long USB cable are not the original ones provided with your bag. Not all wall plug adapters or cables can support the power requirement of the Gianoi bags. Kindly use the original wall plug adapter and long USB cable supplied with your bag.
You can watch our setup videos here to make sure that the iPhone notifications for that specific App are active:
1. Please make sure you selected a light colour for that specific App in the Gianoi App notifications page
2. Please make sure the light is on in the Gianoi App settings page
3. Please go to your iPhone settings, tap Notifications, and then select the App for which you are not receiving notifications.
4. Activate ‘’Allow Notifications’’, ‘’Show in Notification Centre’’, and then select either ‘’Banner’’ or ‘’Alerts’’.
If these settings are not active your iPhone will not send notifications to your bag for that specific App.
Please make sure ‘’Light’’ is on in the App settings page. Please make sure you have selected the light colours and iPhone settings as per answer above. If you still are not receiving any notifications it might be a connection issue, kindly see answer below.
Please make sure you have set up your bag like shown in our set up videos here.
If your phone does not connect to your bag or if it connects but you are not receiving any notifications, please make sure that:
1. your bag is charged
2. your phone is in close proximity of your bag
3. Bluetooth is activated on your phone
Now kindly follow these simple steps:
1. Close the Gianoi App completely by double clicking the iPhone home button and then swiping-up the Gianoi App.
2. Switch off Bluetooth on your phone. Switch on Bluetooth again.
3. Re-open the Gianoi App. Your Bag should now connect automatically, you will see the App home page indicating “Connecting’’ for approximately 10 seconds, and then ‘’Connected’’.
If you are still experiencing issues kindly make sure you have the latest software update for the Gianoi App and for the bag software. Kindly see the answer below to learn how to update your App and bag software.
If the software update does not solve your issue you might need to reset your bag to factory settings. Kindly see the answer below to learn how to reset your bag to factory settings.
We are always adding new functionality to the Gianoi bags based on our customer’s feedback and inputs. New releases and updates will ensure your bag is always functioning with the newest software and offering the latest Apps notification support. If there is an App you want added or a new functionality you would like, please send us your suggestions to email@example.com
To update your App and bag software follow these simple steps below. You can also watch our videos here
1. Check the Apple App Store to see if there is an updated version of the Gianoi App, if there is kindly download it on your phone.
2. In the Gianoi App settings page, tap on ‘’Software Update’’. If a new version of your bag software is available, you will be asked to tap on the ‘’Install Update’’ button. (Kindly note if no software update is available for your bag you will not see the ‘’Software Update’’ option in the App settings page).
3. After tapping ‘’Install Update’’ remain on the page until the update is complete and make sure to keep your phone near your bag. It takes approximately 20 seconds to complete the update.
4. You will now see a pop-up that says ‘’Update Complete’’, tap ‘’OK’’ and the App will go back to the home page. A pop-up will appear asking if you want to pair your bag, tap ‘’Pair’’ to confirm. Your bag is now updated with the latest software.
You can check our troubleshooting videos here to learn how to restore your bag to factory settings.
1. Close the Gianoi App completely by double clicking the iPhone home button and then swiping-up the Gianoi App.
2. Go to your iPhone settings, select Bluetooth, tap the little circle with an ‘’i’’ close to the Gianoi Bag and select ‘’forget device’’. If the little circle is not appearing don’t worry, it means your iPhone has already forgotten your bag and you can skip this step.
3. Switch off Bluetooth on your phone.
4. Place the bag on the charger and check that the logo light is on to indicate charging. Please note if your bag is fully charged the light does not come on and you cannot perform the reset sequence. In this case remove the bag from the charger and discharge it a bit by connecting your phone to the USB plug in the internal pocket. Then place the bag on the charger again and check that the logo light is on to indicate charging.
5. Now perform the 3 taps for 3 times reset sequence as shown in the troubleshooting video here :
Tap the badge firmly 3 times and a blue light will come on for 1 second.When the blue light is off tap the badge 3 more times and the blue light will come on again.When the blue light is off tap the badge 3 more times and the blue light will start flashing. This indicates your bag is now reset to its factory settings.
Now follow the setup steps again as shown in our setup videos here to reconnect your bag to your phone.
Currently your phone can only be connected with one bag at a time. Equally, your bag can only be connected with one phone at a time. This ensures that only you can operate your Gianoi bag.
We will be adding a software update soon that will allow you to connect your phone with multiple bags and choose which one you want to use from the App. As soon as the update is available you will receive a notification to update the App via the Apple App store.
To connect a new phone to your bag you will need to reset the bag to factory settings. Each bag can only be connected with one phone at the time. This ensures that only you can operate your Gianoi bag.
To reset your bag to factory settings please check this answer here
HANDBAGS SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
The Gianoi bags are manufactured in Italy to the highest quality standards of craftsmanship, using only leathers from Italian tanneries.
The electronics technology inside the Gianoi bags is engineered and manufactured in the UK and safety tested by an independent, accredited testing and compliance organization in the European Union according to the CE standards for Safety, Radio and Electromagnetic emissions.
All the components and parts of the electronics technology are in compliance with the European Union RoHS directive restricting the use of hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment.
Like a smartphone, tablet and other electronic devices, the Gianoi bags contain electronic components, magnets and batteries.
You must read these safety instructions carefully before using the Gianoi products. These instructions are also provided on the leaflet that came with your product.
Failure to respect these instructions can lead to injury, risk of electrical and fire hazard:
- Do not expose your products to moisture or liquid. Keep liquids away from the inside of the bag and chargers. If liquid enters the inside of the bag or charger, stop using it immediately.
- Do not disassemble or modify the products. Do not insert any foreign objects into any of the charging ports. Do not leave the products in extreme hot or cold environments.
- If there is any damage to the products such as dents, punctures, tears or deformities or if the product is excessively hot or emitting fumes, stop using it immediately.
- The products contain magnets. If you use an implanted medical device, please consult your physician and the manufacturer of your medical device before using the products.
- Do not allow children to handle the products. If the product is used by a minor, the purchasing adult agrees to take all responsibilities for misuse and damages caused.
- Use only the original charger accessories. Do not place any items on the wireless charger other than the Gianoi bag. Disconnect the charger from the electrical mains when not in use.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately if your product is malfunctioning or if you require any assistance.
The manufacturer shall not be liable to you or to any third party for damages deriving from the failure to comply with the safety instructions. The manufacturer shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any damages you or any third party may suffer as a result of use or misuse of this product in conjunction with any device or accessory other than the appropriate mobile device for which this product is designed and the original accessories provided with the product.
DELIVERY & RETURNS
We do not sell the products in all Countries. At present we sell and ship to the following Countries: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, UK, Switzerland, Norway. If your Country is not listed here please check again soon as we are adding new Countries every month.
We do not offer DDP. Please note that orders outside the EU may be subject to local taxes and duties on arrival, and that these are the responsibility of the customer.
Products available in stock are generally shipped within 2 days and will generally be delivered to you within 3 to 7 working days from the day you place the order, depending on your Country and the shipment method chosen.
Once your order is shipped you will receive an email with an online tracking number.
Should you not be satisfied with your purchase, we will offer a full refund and free return for an unworn, undamaged product, in original condition, with product tags attached and all packaging included, within 14 days of your receipt. You must let us know of your intention to return a product via email at email@example.com within 14 days of it being received by you. Shipping costs are non refundable.
HELP & SUPPORT
Kindly send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Our support team is available Monday to Friday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm GMT. You can also visit our FAQs page to see if your questions have already been answered here.
Subscribe at gianoi.com and you will receive exclusive content, newsletters and brand updates. You can also follow us on:
We are always looking for talented people to join our team! Kindly send us an email at email@example.com with your CV and we will get back to you should any position matching your experience become available.